Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lowe's

Tonight was my first of what I'm sure will be many trips to Lowe's. Picture it. Me, one of the most indecisive people on the planet, stuck in a home improvement superstore and expected to both find and choose what I want. First came the finding, and I initially walked in circles just to locate what I wanted (I'm sure that by the end of the month the finding will no longer be an issue - I anticipate many trips with memorization of the store layout). Then came the choosing. Who knew there were so many options of smoke detectors and push brooms and motion sensing lights?!

Needless to say there were no quick decisions made and I must have circled that store at least 2-3 times. Thankfully I had my trusty roommate and friend Melissa with me and she "encouraged" (insisted?) that I make some decisions. Otherwise I probably would have walked out with only a broom and a fire extinguisher, but still would have needed to go back to complete my list. And 100 trips to Lowe's is not what I have in mind as an ideal way to spend my evenings/weekends.

And, let's get serious... there are no life-altering decisions being made here. It's lamps and paint. Nothing permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment