Sunday, May 23, 2010

bliss.

I love weddings. Everything about them. My eyes tear up every time I hear the song that plays as the bride walks down the aisle. I love stealing a peek at the groom as his eyes first meet hers. I love the gathering of family and friends and the love. A room full of people that the couple has chosen as witnesses. And then later on... i love the dancing and cake.

This weekend I was able to sit and witness the union of two friends. It was a beautiful, uncharacteristically warm, May day in Michigan. The setting was outdoors at one of the more iconic sites of Grand Rapids... Calder Plaza.


And as the ceremony unfolded, I was able to enjoy all of the things that I love about weddings.

For the place cards/favors they gave each guest a basil plant. What a great way to remember their day, as well as to continue to enjoy the fresh herbs all year long (well, as long as I'm able to keep it alive...I have a pretty poor track record with plants).

Hopefully this here fella makes it... because i love love basil, and can think of plenty of tasty ways to use it.

And of course, later on in the evening... I enjoyed some dancing and desserts. Was able to catch a couple of quick pics of us girls chatting at our table.




Thanks, Karl and Joy for letting me share in your beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment