Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Confession.

Hi my name is carrie and I am a blog stalker.

Yes, for quite some time now I've quietly stalked the blogs of others, reading about their lives, smiling at their triumphs, aching at their diappointments. Some of them are friends, others are people I've never met before. Some are friends of friends, others are people who have breifly touched my life. I leave messages on a few, but more often just quietly read and leave. But, whoever it may be, I've saved them in my google reader and excite on the days when I remember to check in and find items in my 'unread posts' list. I love the pictures and the stories. And just the life.

I've tried to blog before. Maybe when I was in college. But it never really went anywhere -- probably for several reasons:
1. My life just isn't that interesting; it seems like everyone else has fun and interesting things going on in life. But who wants to hear about my ordinary life. Especially when I was in grad school... go to class, blah. memorize anatomy, blah. read lots of books, blah blah.
2. I'm just not that great of a writer. Some of my blog friends have such an amazing gift at words that it blows me away. I also have two dear teacher friends who just so eloquent with their writing. Others can have me on the edge of my seat while reading about the most standard daily doings. Me? I am scattered. And speak in fragments, and I mumble and sometimes just trail off in the middle of sentences. I did a great job at pretending, but always was just poor at english and didn't want to make people decipher my writing.
3. I never could quite find the time.

So I was talking to my dad earlier today and he says to me, "you have such a great life, carrie." And before I could interject the oh-so-common argument, "Butdad..." you dont really know, other people are so much more interesting, what about your great life... I just smiled and said, "Thanks." And came to realize that, though my life has not gotten any less ordinary, I guess I've come more to accept to make the best out of what it is. So why not make the transition from stalker to sharer. Someone might be interested.
And my writing? I make no guarantee that things will make sense as they go along.
And my time? No promises that there will be any sort of regularity to this thing. But at least I can't say I didn't try.

So welcome aboard. Blog stalkers welcome.

2 comments:

  1. welcome friend! i knew you would give in!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie! You have a blog..i love it! I am a blog stalker too!:) I am so excited to read about your great life and hopefully I will be part of one of your blogs one day!

    ReplyDelete