I was going to wait until my living room was "done." But, let's get serious, that may never happen. I am way too
I actually chose my furniture surprisingly quickly, which was delivered over 3 months ago. It's very neutral -- which likely is why the decision was so quick.
Here's the circle tour around my living room...
There did not seem to be enough space to buy both a couch and a loveseat, so this comfy chair provides seating in addition to the couch. Those split doors lead to the front door.
This couch is amazing. Great for all things a couch should be great for: reading, napping, television watching, chatting with friends, drinking coffee, eating dinner, accidentally sleeping for the whole night.
And here's the third part of the room. Again is the chair with the clock above. And my TV. I had never in my life bought a new TV. I was still watching on this miniature 13 inch TV that I had in college. Every man who entered my house would make a comment about how teeny-tiny my TV was, so I bought a new one (well, and I wanted a new one). Figured it also was the only way I'd ever get anyone to come to my house to watch a football game. And honestly? Even though I'm not a big TV watcher... I must say, it's awesome.
Just to the right of this last picture is the opening into my dining room (table currently covered with mail and bills). And on the fourth wall of the living room (which is farther to the right) is my fireplace -- currently cluttered with all of the Christmas decorations I brought up from the basement today. Need to organize and buy more before I actually get excited about decorating for Christmas. Oh, and eat turkey tomorrow too -- no Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving in this house.
Nice! Neutral furniture is great, because you can switch up the pillows and even the paint for much less than switching out furniture.
ReplyDeleteIs the couch up against the big windows you posted about awhile back? If so, and if you want some cool visual interest behind the couch (and no hanging of art, obvi), I'd suggest getting a long skinny console table and placing it behind the couch. Then, add a couple of cool lamps, a vase of flowers, and some other fun decorative things.
here is an inexpensive, simple one (since you wouldn't really see much of the table other than the sides and top) from ikea: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10150273
and a smaller one from world market: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4351023
Keep 'em coming!