Thursday, December 16, 2010

My newest addiction

Christmas came early at my house. That's allowed to happen when it's a gift you give yourself.

Well...I can also thank a bonus from work and credit card reward points for this:

I have long wanted one and there seemed to be no better time.

Do I know how to use it? Uh, not really... yet.
Am I a good photographer worthy of an amazing camera? Nope, but I think I can learn to be decent.
Have I spent numerous hours during my week off trying to figure this thing out and taking pictures of anything and everything around my house? You bet.

3 comments:

  1. i'm addicted to my camera, too :)
    in terms of learning how to use it, i really loved scott kelby's 3 books on dslr cameras. very practical, helpful info for a novice like me. in fact, i need to go back and do a refresher course one of these days... :) enjoy the new toy!

    also, your house looks so cute all decorated for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Witte!! I was hoping someone could offer a suggestion of a book/course/resource for learning how to use this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie...I would second Jessica's recommendation on Scott Kelby's 3 books. My dad gave me these books for christmas this year. I haven't delved in too deep yet. I figure I will have plenty of time here in Qatar. In fact...I know I packed all 3 books, but I only unpacked 1 of the books. Umh...something doesn't add up! There is one more thing that I thought of earlier that I packed but did not unpack. Hmm...either we have some security checkpoint bandits at the airport or my luggage has hidden compartments that I forgot to unload...I'm hoping the latter!

    Miss you Carrie...oh yeah...I hope we're still planning on a trip over in this direction...then we can test out that Canon DSLR!!!

    ReplyDelete