Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Wait...I thought you had a tree."

Recently I posted pictures of my (mostly) finished living room area. At that time I wasn't able to show the wall with the fireplace because it quite honestly was a total mess on that side of the room. Mostly because I had just brought up boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement.

This past weekend I was able to finish unpacking those boxes and added a few new things.


Most of the decorations are things I already had. A few were given to me by my mom. Though tempted every time I've been shopping these past few weeks, I've tried to avoid buying too much more for a few reasons: 1) I don't really need more; 2) I'm trying to better respect my own pocketbook these days; 3) I'm also trying to avoid the hyper-consumerism temptation in today's world and 4) by not buying more I can keep a few extra things out of the landfills.

This weekend I had second thoughts regarding my resolve to not buy more when I had a few friends over. We had pulled in chairs from the dining room for more seating, and after sitting for a few minutes one of my friends looked around and said, "Hey wait... I thought you said you had a tree."


Yes, this three-foot tree was hidden when someone sat in front of it.

Oh well. On any ordinary day you can see it all, and it's Christmas cozy to me.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous fireplace! I love the moldings and the built in shelves.

    I heard all of the pre-lit trees go on major clearance a day or two before Christmas (after, they just get put away), so that might be a decent time to go get a bigger one for next year!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete